Saturday, August 11, 2007

Progress - Window #1

Today saw progress on the family room. The first window is installed, and as I type this, C is putting the finishing touches on the exterior for the night. The patching of siding and paint will wait for another day.

We were both off of work early yesterday, which afforded us the opportunity to go to Home Depot on a weekday. This is key! However, as I stood in the parking lot watching my husband tie our new window to the roof of his car I began to wonder if we were in over our heads. Or at the very least, if we should have driven the truck!

With sunlight hours left to burn, we were able to demo most of the old window framing last night.

This morning, albeit closer to noon, we popped the old windows out. Rocko had fun discovering how to jump through the wall.


As normal we ran into issues along the way. By now we are pretty good at making it up as we go. I found myself getting in the way on this project, as much of the time there was work for only one person. C did a good job of being the worker while I tried to stay out of his way.
Without further delay, the first glimpse of the new window.
Next up, sitting in front of the TV, enjoying the breeze through the OPEN window!!!!

No comments: