Sunday, August 19, 2007

Window #2

Work on the house continues. The goal for this weekend was to get in the second window. The plans for the window size changed a few times, ulitmately building our design around what was in stock at the Home Depot. I hate to give them that kind of power!!


Again, C did most of the work, and I ran around like a crazy woman trying to get everything else done while making myself available should I hear a cry for help. I was actually very busy getting ready to travel for work. But, I did manage to do a good deal of yard work, and both C & I went out with friends.

But, back to the subject at hand ... The demo showed us that the wall we were so pleased to discover insulation in, was in fact not insulated.

We took the time to add insulation, knowing that we will spend many a winter night watching a movie, or perhaps some really bad TV. (I just finished a Gene Simmons Family Jewels marathon ... I'm hooked).

The weekends goal was met! The second new window is in!


Up next, removing the bad old air conditioner, installing new lights & electrical, and moving the door. Plus, C is meeting with a contractor this week to get estimates for sheetrock installation.

In other news, check out this pic that I snapped tonight. Sleepy boy!


Earlier in the week, he was treated to a doggy cup cake. What a life!!

No comments: