Sunday, October 28, 2007

Returning to Work

After five days at home, I will return to my real job in tomorrow morning. I'm sure I will have a busy week, which will include playing catch-up after a total of two weeks out of the office. And, I have four new-to-me people joining my team.

As much as I enjoy my work, I will miss the time to focus on the house. The plumbers got the "rough-in" done, and now we have much work to do ourselves. Regardless, we spent much of the weekend playing. That said, we did work on the house all day today, so I guess that means "much of the weekend" is actually less than half of it. Hmm...

I used to dream about the day that I would own a home. I knew that I would take care of it and make it my own. Never did those dreams include the smell of rotting leaves as you pull them from gutters, or the heft of pine needle filled yard debris bags (4 bags of pine needles!!!).

Tomorrow, C also returns to work. After two weeks of training, he is entering a new program which includes a new employer. His return to work will be filled with excitement, unknows, and possibility.

Much excitement and activity lays ahead for us! But, for tonight I'm going to bed early with my Aunts newest book, Informed Consent. Check out her blog if you have a second. You'll see that my weekend was also filled with a wonderful visit, and a drive to Multnomah Falls.

No comments: